Skinni Chicken Parmesan (oven baked)
Chicken Parmesan is a tasty dish, and tastes even better when it is cooked in a healthy way! I love using Shake 'n Bake on this oven baked chicken dish, mainly because there is something fun about shaking and baking! For whatever reason, shake and bake makes me think of my friend Lauren. I don’t know if she’s ever used it, but I just hear her Southern drawl saying, “It’s Shake 'n Bake, and I helped.” It makes me laugh….
1. 1.5-2 pounds chicken breast (I like my pieces cut smaller to ensure they are cooked)
2. 1 packet of Shake 'n Bake-Italian flavor
3. 2 cups of Skinni Spaghetti Tomato Sauce (or your favorite spaghetti sauce in a jar)
4. 1 teaspoon oregano
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare the chicken as directed on the Shake 'n Bake box. (I just lightly coat the chicken, as not to overwhelm the chicken with crust).
3. Once the chicken is lightly coated with the mix, lay the pieces in a 9x13 inch pan that is lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick spray.
4. Cook the chicken for 20 minutes.
5. Add the Tomato Sauce and sprinkle the oregano on top.
6. Cook the dish an additional 5 minutes.
7. Enjoy this dish with the chicken as the main or serve on top of spaghetti noodles!
*If you make the Skinni Spaghetti Tomato Sauce with this dish, you will have a lot of sauce left over. I suggest freezing. There is nothing like having pre-made homemade spaghetti sauce at your disposal!
*Optional-melt shredded mozzarella cheese on top (I vote for fat free or at least part-skim). You can add this when you add the spaghetti sauce to your chicken.Pin It Now!