Monday, August 13, 2012

Skinni Spaghetti Squash

Pin It Now!
Skinni Spaghetti Squash



Cooking Spaghetti Squash is something that I have wanted to try for a while, and it is so easy that I am kicking myself I did not try it sooner! Spaghetti Squash is the perfect low calorie, low carb option for spaghetti noodles. Generally I do not cook much pasta, but now that I have a sub for noodles I will be cooking pasta dishes a lot more (this makes my husband super happy)!

Ingredients
1.       Spaghetti Squash
2.       Spray Olive Oil
3.       Sea Salt

Directions
1.       Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2.       Cut the spaghetti squash in half (long ways-in terms of paper folding-hot dog length)
3.       Scrape out the seeds.
4.       Place the halves of squash rind side up on a lined cookie sheet with foil.
5.       Spray the squash with olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt on.
6.       Bake the spaghetti squash for about 40 minutes. Just look for it to brown slightly.
7.       After the squash has cooled for a few minutes, use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti squash. You will be amazed at how the squash comes out in these perfect little strands that look just like spaghetti (I know I was)!
8.       Top with your favorite pasta topping and enjoy!

*Spaghetti squash has about 41 calories per cup, 0 grams of fat, and 10g carbohydrates! Compare that to 1 cup of cooked spaghetti noodles of 220 calories and 43 carbohydrates!
*I like my spaghetti squash with meat sauce, but they would taste great with some spray butter and salt and pepper!









Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bobbi's Skinni Cookin'