Thursday, June 7, 2012

Skinni Candied Pecans

Pin It Now!
Skinni Candied Pecans

This recipe actually came from my mom and is super easy! One thing to note on this recipe is to “know” your microwave. When I say “know,” I mean to know how to set the setting on medium/low. These pecans can quickly turn from candied to burnt, if you don’t keep an eye on them and have the heat setting too high. I have fallen victim to overcooking the pecans to a black burnt crisp. Also, this recipe is easy to double, but I suggest beginning with the one I have listed before doubling. This is just in case it takes you a couple of tries to “know” your microwave (like me). Other than those warnings, it is a very simple recipe and tastes just as good as the candied pecans from sporting events/concerts! The candied pecans taste even better if they come fresh from a friend’s pecan tree (Thanks Melita)!

Ingredients
1.       1/4 cup Splenda
2.       2 tablespoons Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
3.       1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
4.       2 tablespoons Half Calorie Orange Juice-I use Trop 50-No Pulp
5.       1 cup halved pecans

Directions
1.       In a glass dish (I prefer a glass measuring cup), combine ingredients 1-4.
2.       After ingredients are mixed, then add pecans.
3.       Cook in microwave 3 minutes on medium (the setting I use on my microwave is 4).
4.       Stir.
5.       Cook another 2 minutes on medium.
6.       Spread on wax paper, pre-sprayed with pam.
7.       Allow to cool and harden.
8.       Break up and enjoy!




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bobbi's Skinni Cookin'