Thursday, June 7, 2012

How Do I….Cut a Watermelon?

Pin It Now!
How Do I….Cut a Watermelon?
 
Yum!!!! WATERMELON!!! One of my favorite summer time treats!
 On a recent visit with a wonderful friend of mine, it came to my attention that everyone does not know how to cut a watermelon. It all began when my beautiful pregnant friend told me that she was craving watermelon, so I picked one up for her at the store. As I was cutting the watermelon, I could tell that she was paying close attention to the steps I was taking. She informed me that she did not know how to cut a watermelon, and would usually just buy the pre-cut watermelon from the produce section. Assuming that my friend is not the only person that does not know how to cut a watermelon, I am going tell you how. It’s actually a lot easier than you think, and your pocket book will thank you. Just a little price comparison to get us started. I purchased an entire watermelon for $4.99, and for the same cost I could only get about about ¼ a watermelon in the pre-cut watermelon container . If you were to buy an entire watermelon pre-cut, then you would spend about $20. Please do not waste your money!

How to Cut a Watermelon

Step 1
 1. Rinse off watermelon an place on cutting board. Use a large well sharpened knife. I use Henckel knifes (I think they are the best...plus they were a wonderful wedding present).
Step 2











2. Slice off both of the ends.













Step 3
3.  Stand the watermelon upright. Since you have sliced off the end, now you have a steady base to work with.

















Step 4
 4. Slice the watermelon in half.















Step 5
 5. Slice the watermelon half in half (or cut the watermelon into quarters).














Step 6
 6. Take one quarter of the watermelon, and place it on its side. Slice it about 1-2 inches.
Step 7













7. Slice the watermelon away from the rind.
*At this point, I get a smaller knife. It is easier to maneuver around the watermelon.
Step 8











8. Stand the watermelon up, and slice.











 
Step 9
 9. Lay the watermelon down and continue to cut the watermelon to your desired size.













Step 10
10. Repeat Steps 1-9 until the entire watermelon is cut.

*Place in a tupper ware container and place it in your refrigerator. 

*Enjoy this summer time treat! I know my favorite time to enjoy watermelon is after a long run!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bobbi's Skinni Cookin'