Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Amazing Asparagus

Pin It Now!
Amazing Asparagus

I am absolutely obsessed with asparagus! Although I would refuse to eat it as a kid, I have grown to love to eat it as an adult. Since asparagus is in season right now (February through June), I am cooking it all of the time!


Ingredients
1.       2 bunches of asparagus (around 2 pounds)
2.       Spray olive oil
3.       Pepper
4.       Sea Salt

Directions
1.       Pre-heat the oven to 400.
2.       Line pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
3.       Rinse and drain the asparagus.
4.       Break off the tough ends. I break off the end of one asparagus, and then use that asparagus as my cutting guide. I will line the cutting guide asparagus up with the uncut asparagus, and then use a knife to cut off the tough ends of the remaining asparagus. This is a huge time saver, and it makes all of the asparagus nice and uniform.
5.       Line the washed and cut asparagus on the pan.
6.       Spray with olive oil. Sprinkle the pepper and sea salt on the asparagus.
7.       Cook for a total of 30 minutes. I usually turn the tray around at the 15 minute point, so they do not burn on one end, and cook for the remainder 15 minutes.
8.       Enjoy your amazing asparagus!

      *Time will vary based on the thickness of the asparagus. Thicker asparagus might take a bit longer; the skinnier asparagus will take a shorter time.
*I will cook this vegetable side in the oven even when we are grilling out. That way it frees up more grill space for meat and other vegetables, but we still get the cooked asparagus (sometimes I cook it longer to get that crispy grilled look and taste)!


Amazing Asparagus is a great addition to my Easy Baked BBQ Chicken!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bobbi's Skinni Cookin'