Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Jayne’s Green Beans

Pin It Now!
Jayne’s Green Beans


This recipe actually comes from my Grandma Jayne. My grandma used to make this side when my dad was growing up. As a little girl, my dad made the green beans for my sisters and me. Now, this is a quick side that I make for my family, and can easily throw together from ingredients I have in the pantry!

Ingredients
1.       2-14.5 ounce cans of green beans-I prefer no salt (so that I can add my own seasoning and keep sodium low)
2.       1- 8 ounce can of tomato sauce-again I prefer no salt
3.       Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1.       Drain and rinse the green beans.
2.       Add the green beans and tomato sauce to a sauce pan.
3.       Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until heated thoroughly.
4.       Enjoy this easy dish passed down through the generations!

Jayne's Green Beans make a great addition to my Easy Baked BBQ Chicken!


*Everglades seasoning is an alternative to adding salt and pepper. Or to kick up the heat, add a dash of red pepper.








 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bobbi's Skinni Cookin'