Monday, May 7, 2012

Skinni Strawberry Crepes

Pin It Now!
Skinni Strawberry Crepes


This week my inspiration comes from our last field trip to the local Strawberry Patch.  This was the ultimate field trip for me, because we got to each pick a basket of strawberries! One of my favorite fruits is fresh strawberries!!!! This recipe is for my healthy version of crepes, and I choose to add fresh strawberries to mine (or really any other fresh fruit for that matter)!

Ingredients
1.      ½ cup of whole wheat flour
2.      2 egg whites-the equivalent of 1 egg if you are using the box
3.      ½ teaspoon of vanilla
4.      1 ½ teaspoon of Splenda
5.      ¼ cup of skim milk
6.      ¼ cup of water

Directions
1.      Mix the dry ingredients together (flour and Splenda).
2.      Add the egg whites, vanilla, skim milk, and water and mix with a whisk. Make sure you don’t have any lumps!
3.      Heat your skillet over medium high and spray with non-stick spray.
4.      Using about ¼ cup of batter, the recipe will yield about 4 servings. Cook the crepe until the batter has bubbled up around the edges, and flip the crepe.
5.      Serve the crepe with your favorite fresh fruit and Enjoy!

Proof that I hand picked the strawberries! And they are delicious!!!!

*My husband chooses to sprinkle (and I use that term loosely) powdered sugar over the crepe. Like I said before, I like to add fresh fruit to keep mine super healthy!
*There are about 70 calories per crepe according to my math (I have a Finance degree for my undergrad, so that has to give me some street cred).
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bobbi's Skinni Cookin'