Tuesday, April 24, 2012

World's Greatest Brownies

Pin It Now!
World’s Greatest Brownies



Warning! This is not a “Skinni” dish, but I have to share my “World’s Greatest Brownies.” I recently had out of town guests, and to make them feel more at home I made a batch of my brownies. Since I try to make my guests feel as comfortable as possible, I usually make a batch of my brownies. The secret to my brownies begins with a box of Ghiradelli Triple Chocolate Brownies.  I have a few alterations to the directions on the box, that I feel really make my brownies the World’s Greatest! I follow the directions on the box, but instead of using an egg, I use egg whites (the egg whites from the box work just as well as normal egg whites). In using the egg whites, I am able to save a couple calories. The egg whites make the brownies lighter and fluffier. I also use olive oil instead of the called for vegetable oil. After all, olive oil is good for your health and heart! The olive oil helps to make the brownies fudgy and chewy. I cook the brownies in a pre-sprayed (non-stick spray) glass baking dish. I always cook to the minimum time limit on the box, to help ensure extra gooey brownies. After the brownies have cooled, I cut them up and serve. I use a plastic knife (instead of a metal knife/spatula) when cutting through the brownies. This gives the brownies a nice cut and will not tear the brownies apart. These brownies are so rich and decadent that even if you find yourself eating a brownie, you don’t need more than one. Enjoy (I know your guests will)!

I have only been able to find this particular box at Costco, but other Ghiradelli brownie mixes are just as delicious.




I absolutely love making these brownies, if not for the fact that I get to use my Kitchen Aid mixer (my favorite kitchen appliance thanks to Nancy and Tracy).

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bobbi's Skinni Cookin'